- Participants are asked to accept that any image submitted as part of the project may be used by Shoot Experience Ltd and London Borough of Hackney for future publicity and marketing purposes for up to five years - see our Terms & Conditions.
- All correspondence will be made through the email address provided at the time of registration.
- London Borough of Hackney employees may enter the competition with the exception of those working directly with the project.
- You may crop a photo and perform minor colour corrections, but all other photo manipulation is not allowed.
- We will not tolerate or accept derogatory or obscene photographs or those containing nudity, no matter how tasteful. Any photograph deemed to be of such a nature will result in immediate removal from the website.
- Please respect the property of others, ask permission when taking identifiable photos of people and places and where possible use model and property release forms.
- You must own all copyright to all the photos you submit to this project.
- You may submit photographs that you have taken up to five years before the start of the project.
- Participants must have prior permission before submitting identifiable photos of any who is under the age 16.
- Candidates must be over the age of 16 and live in London.
- Your photos must be uploaded to our website by no later than 10pm on the last day of the competition. Check the Info page for the closing date. Any photos submitted after this time will not be considered for entry.
- Winners will be announced at the exhibition launch event on Thursday 7 October. Winners will be notified by email and featured on the project Info page after the event.
- Entry is FREE and you can enter up to five photos to answer the brief.
- Your photos must be of a reasonably large file size and high quality - minimum file size one megabyte and maximum size seven megabytes. Your photos must be in JPEG format.
- Participants are asked to accept that any image submitted as part of the project may be used by London Borough of Hackney in their Museum and Archive in perpetuity as public record for future generations to learn about the borough.
- Please be advised that photographs licensed to Hackney Archives as a result of submission for the project will be made available to the public alongside the rest of their collections in their search-room. Participants in the project agree to this, and to their photographs being made available for researchers to copy for private and non-commercial research only. Hackney Archives will NOT give permission for your images subsequently to be published.
- Hackney Museum and Archives reserve the right to exclude unsuitable material from the public record.
- The London Borough Of Hackney has made every reasonable effort to locate, contact and acknowledge copyright owners and wishes to be informed by any copyright owners who are not properly identified and acknowledged on this website so that we may make any necessary corrections