ON THE DAY
Date: Saturday 22 October 2011
Time: 10am - 5pm
Venue: The event starts at Tate Modern, Starr Auditorium, Bankside, London, SE1 9TG and ends at Tate Britain, North Duveen Galleries, Millbank, London SW1P 4RG
> Directions to Tate Modern
Tel: 020 7887 8888 (Tate ticket office)
ARRIVAL ON THE DAY
• Arrive at Tate Modern, Starr Auditorium at 10.00am, bring a map (A-Z) of the area
• Bring two cameras - see the Rules above for how to get the most from the experience.
© Ed Robinson, edrobinsonphotography.com
BEFORE THE DAY
Unfortunately this event has been postponed due to unforeseen circumstances. We apologise for any inconvenience. Please sign up to our mailing list to hear about the next event as soon as it's announced.
SHOOT LONDON: Bank to Bank
Bring a story to life with your photos as you journey from Bankside to Millbank!
Collaborate with fellow photography enthusiasts to bring a unique story to life with your photos. The journey starts at Tate Modern (Bankside) where your team will be given fragments of a story written especially for the event by comedy writer and performer Kerry Gilbert and inspired by the collections at Tate Britain. The story will lead you to Tate Britain (Millbank), finding inspiration and taking pictures in response to your phrases along the way.
Arrive at Tate Britain in the afternoon where photographs are compiled to create a photographic storyboard projected on a big screen in the Duveen Galleries with live narration, presented as part of BP Saturdays: Going Public.
Prizes are awarded for the best and quirkiest photos!
Can you face the challenge?
- No photography skills necessary, just a thirst for adventure. Grab a team (4 people) and book tickets now!
- You will be given phrases from different parts of the story to complete along the way as you compete against other teams for the top prize. Expect a day of the most fun imaginable unleashing your creativity and discovering London.
- Be part of the exciting a unique creative collaboration between a writer and 200 photographers.
- Tickets cost £15 per person, book through the Tate Modern box office.
View photos from a previous Shoot London photo story-telling event.
"We had the best day and loved seeing the slide show of everyone's photos, both on the day and now online!"
ABOUT KERRY GILBERT
Kerry Gilbert is a comedy writer/performer living in Hackney who regularly performs her quirky brand of character comedy and storytelling on the London comedy circuit, at venues including Leicester Square Theatre, The Music Palace and Madame JoJo’s.
In 2010, she performed her solo comedy show Kerry Gilbert Gives Love a Bad Name - a collection of darkly funny love stories - at the Underbelly as part of the Edinburgh Comedy Festival. Here are some reviews:
“Funny, poignant and full of promise.” TIME OUT
“Reminiscent of Monty Python’s Flying Circus…extremely talented and
“…delightfully funny and weird” AUSTRALIAN COMEDY REVIEW
She wrote and appeared on BBC2’s Dic & Dom’s Funny Business as a series regular, and has appeared in Tittybangbang (BBC 3), Life of Riley (BBC 1), Hounded (BBC 1) and Jimmy Carr: Comedian (DVD). She is currently developing a sitcom for BBC R4.
All the images from the day will of course feature in our Photos section.
Shoot Experience is proud to be working in partnership with: