SHOOT EXPERIENCE presents...
THE PHOTOMONTH ASSIGNMENT
Think traditional photo award meets X-Factor and you have the photomonth assignment. Offering photographers of all levels the opportunity to have their work seen and critiqued in front of a live audience with the chance of winning a prestigious award.
- ACCEPT THE ASSIGNMENT - submissions close on 24/11/10
- SUBMIT up to five photos in response to the assignment
- THE AWARDS - arrive on Saturday 27/11 to watch the submitted assignments revealed on the big screen
- SIX FINALISTS WILL BE REVEALED & A WINNER CHOSEN
The winner will be chosen by a live panel (see below) at the event.
THE PHOTOMONTH ASSIGNMENT AWARD:
HOW IT WORKS
Once you have paid the entry fee you will be sent the assignment and full submission details.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to photomonth being a London festival, the assignment is London-based.
You must submit up to five photos by 6pm on Wednesday 24th November. Late submissions may result your photos not being shown even though you have paid your entry fee.
Entry costs £30 per person which includes a ticket to the awards. Places are limited and can only be purchased before the event.
BUY TICKETS on-line.
The judging panel includes:
- Maggie Pinhorn, director of photomonth
- Rhonda Wilson, director of Rhubarb Rhubarb
- Sophie Howarth, director of the School of Life, author of Street Photography Now
- Stephen Mclaren, photographer, author of Street Photography Now
- Brett Jefferson Stott, director of Shoot Experience,
associate producer of photomonth
CHOOSING THE WINNER
All submissions will be shown at the event and six shortlisted to be discussed live in front of the audience. The photographers will be invited on stage to talk about the work and respond to questions from the panel and audience.
The panel will then choose the winner in our very own TV styled "F-STOP FACTOR".
REVIEWING YOUR WORK
All submissions not chosen to be reviewed on stage will be given the opportunity to receive a written review of their work by email within four weeks of the event. Reviewers will include the panelists and members of the panelist's organisations.